You are here:
“Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands on learning experiences in a local woodland or natural environment with trees.”
Forest School Principles
- Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and themselves.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural wooded environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world
- Forest School is a long term process with frequent and regular sessions in a local natural space, not a one-off visit. Planning, adaption, observations and reviewing are integral elements.
- Forest School is run by qualified Forest School Practitioners who continuously develop their professional practice.
- Forest School uses a range of learner centred processes to create a community for development and learning.
A new wood store, camouflage and fun whilst learning new skills!!
The next groups are having such fun already learning about nature and creativity in our own forest school.
Term 1 2016-2017
Week 1 sees the start of our very own Forest School! Congratulations to the leaders who have had to work hard to qualify as practitioners, and well done for passing all your exams. As already advised groups from years 2, 3 and 6 started this week their terms’ learning experience.
Week 2 – Such fun as we learn new skills
Week 3 – the fun continues as we build and light fires together
Year Six proudly made a table by measuring and sawing and nailing together – the table will stay in Forest School with all their names on after it has been varnished to preserve it against the weather. each year six group will make something during their learning to stay in the area as a wonderful reminder of their time there.
Forest School will be running from September 2016.
A letter will be sent out to parents telling them the dates that their child will be attending. The timetable below gives an outline of the terms classes will go in.
|Term 1||Year 2 – group1||Year 3 – group 1||Year 6- group1|
|Term2||Year 2 – group2||Year 3 – group 2||Year 6- group2|
|Term3||Year 2 – group3||Year 3 – group 3||Year 6- group3|
|Term4||Year1 – group1||Year 4- group 1||Year 5- group1|
|Term5||Year1 – group2||Year 4- group 2||Year 5- group2|
|Term6||Year 4- group 3||Year 5- group3|
Year R will take part in Term 5 or 6
Forest School takes place in all weathers except gale force winds.
Children will need to come in old clothes with long sleeves and long trousers. Shoes suitable for getting dirty are needed, preferably wellies. Waterproof coat is essential and waterproof trousers are advisable.
The children will eat outside during each session so will need a packed lunch. If your child has free school meals then please let the office know and the kitchen will provide them with a packed lunch.
We have our Pilot Forest School running with Reception Class and Year 3 – looks like they are having such fun !!!
NEWS!!! NEWS!!!! Our very own Forest School area is nearly ready ……….
Term 4 Year 4 have a turn and enjoy learning new and exciting skills.
Year 5 Having some great fun together, whilst learning some life skills – and yes sometimes it is quite muddy!